- What is personal data?
- Who is responsible for the proper handling of your personal data?
- What do we do with your personal data?
- What types of personal data do we collect, process and use?
- What else do we do to protect your personal data?
- How long do we retain personal data?
- What privacy choices do you have?
- Why do you receive emails from us?
- Links to other websites
- Contact us
What is personal data?
The term “personal data”, as used herein, comprises any information attributed or attributable to you as a user of our website, whether such information was entered by you, collected from you or otherwise obtained.
Who is responsible for the proper handling of your personal data?
As the provider of this website, KMF is the responsible data controller for all personal data that we hold about you, and that we collect, process and use in connection with your use of the website or otherwise.
What do we do with your personal data?
We collect, process and use your personal data only for the following purposes:
- To administer, operate, maintain and improve the website;
- To facilitate and arrange for requested quotes/services to be carried out;
- To perform analytics and conduct customer research, including general market re-search, generating sales and traffic patterns, and to analyse advertising effectiveness, both on an anonymous basis (e.g., by aggregating data) or on an individual basis (if legally permissible);
- To answer your questions and respond to your requests;
- To comply with legal obligations, prevent unlawful uses of the website, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements;
- For other purposes that you have specifically agreed to; and otherwise as permitted by applicable law.
We will seek your consent before collecting, processing and using your personal data for the above-mentioned purposes, where legally required. Likewise, if we wish to use your personal data for a new or different purpose, we will notify you thereof and will only make such other use if it is required or permitted by applicable law or if you have consented to it.
For the purposes mentioned above, only a limited number of individuals within KMF (e.g. individuals in sales, support, legal, IT and accounting departments, as well as certain directors) will receive access to your personal data.
What types of personal data do we collect, process and use?
Personal data that we collect, process and use in connection with the website includes not only information that we actively collect while you interact with the website but also in-formation that you voluntarily provide to us over the website in various contexts (e.g., when you send an e-mail to our customer service, when you fill in an online form, etc.). Hence, it is thus not possible to define an exclusive list of all potential types of personal data that we may collect, process and use. In general, however, typical types of personal data comprise the following:
- Name, title and address;
- Personal contact information (phone, email, etc.);
- IP address, operating system, browser type, browser version, browser configuration, name of internet service provider, and other types of computer and connection related information relevant to identifying your type of device, connecting to the website, enabling data exchange with you and your device, and ensuring a convenient use of the website;
- URL and IP address of the website from which you accessed, or were directed to, our website, including date and time;
- Subpages visited while on our website, links followed on the website, including date and time;
- The full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) click stream to, through and from the website, including date and time;
- Content of any communication sent through the website or otherwise shared with KMF.
- Information on software downloaded from the website; and
- Any other information that you enter on, or upload to, the website (e.g., content that you fill into an online form, a photo that you upload)
“Cookies” are pieces of information that a website transfers as a very small text file to your computer´s hard disk. They are used for record-keeping purposes. “Cookies” can make the site more useful by storing information about your preferences on the site. “Cookies” in and of themselves do not personally identify users, although they do identify a user´s computer.
What else do we do to protect your personal data?
KMF understands the importance of data security and we want your browsing experience with us to be as safe as possible. We have implemented reasonable safeguards and precautions to protect your personal data, including technical and organisational measures against unauthorised access, improper use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction, and accidental loss, both in an online and offline context.
Also, please understand that, while we strive to protect your personal data against potential risks and exposures, there is no absolute security in the online sphere. Hence, we ask you to support our IT security efforts by not disclosing any data on our website that is particularly sensitive or not required in the specific context.
How long do we retain personal data?
Your personal data is not retained by us for longer than necessary for the legally permissible purposes for which they were collected, as required under applicable retention policies and/or as required or permitted in accordance with applicable law.
What privacy choices do you have?
You have a variety of choices regarding which data we may collect, process and use about you and for which purposes. Some of these choices include the following:
- You may use our website and its functions and features anonymously or through a pseudonym.
- You can choose not to provide certain personal data at all, in particular where we seek your consent for the collection of information.
- You may at any time object to further uses of your personal data for marketing purposes.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. Such other websites are not controlled by us. When you visit such other website, you do so at your own risk. KMF cannot, and does not, assume any responsibility or liability for such other websites, the content of such websites and their privacy practices, nor do we endorse them. We encourage you to familiarise yourself with the privacy statements provided by such other websites prior to providing them with information about you or entering into any transactions on them.
Your feedback is always welcome. If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy practices or your online privacy please do not hesitate to contact us. You may also contact us if wish to gain access to the personal data we hold about you, if you wish to request that your personal data be updated, rectified, deleted or blocked, or that we refrain from further use of your personal data or if you wish to withdraw any consents previously granted. You may reach out to us as follows:
Phone: 01592 653655
V1.0 Posted: 25/05/2018